Since I haven’t had anything bothering me the past few months I thought I would go back to my original musings.
You know what grinds my gears?? Books on tape. I mean what is their deal?? You have to spend twice as much energy concentrating on what the narrator is saying than you would just crackin’ the book open and reading it yourself. And would it kill the narrator to put a little emotion into the reading? It’s like listening to Ben Stein drone on for 8 hours. Come on and put some pep in your step!
I’m in a book club, and so for the next months book pick I put my order on hold at my local library. (P.S. the public library is the awesome! I’m talking B-A-N-A-N-A-S! I highly suggest you check it out yourself.)Anyway, I guess I wasn’t paying attention when I was placing my order online (The White Tiger: a novel, by Aravind Adiga) and requested the CD version instead of the book. Opps. “Whatever, it’s here so I’ll just take it.” I said to the librarian checking me out. I thought it could be interesting listening to the narration for a change. I was dead wrong.
Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where George buys a book on tape about “Risk Management“? He couldn’t concentrate because the voice was too much like his. The guy for my book has such a soothing Indian accent I instantly zone out! At the end of the first CD all I could think was “What’s happening? What’s going on? Was I even listening?” It was too much, I need to a protege to do the listening for me.
In the end, if your a visual person like me, do yourself a favor and stick to the old fashioned way of reading.
- Bucket Lists
- Challenge Info
- British Virgin Islands
- Key West
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- Sri Lanka
- The Netherlands
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- United States
- For the love of TV
- Hotels, Hostels and Other Places to Sleep
- I'm on a boat!
- Sights To See
- This Week in Travel
- Top Five
- World Cup
- You know what grinds my gears?…
- RT @Gadling: iPhoneography: Make your iPhone travel pictures spectacular bit.ly/pFHm6W @Gadling #travel 7 years ago
- Top 5 reasons why Sri Lanka will be the next "it" destination: wp.me/pZb8q-fJ 7 years ago
- The Maldives - A First Impression: wp.me/pZb8q-fz 7 years ago
- @rcunnyftw Haters gonna hate 7 years ago
- This Week in Travel - April 22, 2011: wp.me/pZb8q-ew 7 years ago
- New Blog Post: Maldives - Keeping Locals and Travelers Separated: wp.me/pZb8q-fd 7 years ago
- RT @mindykaling: If you're over 18 or under 60, let's take a real hard look at the pomp and circumstance surrounding your birthday party. 7 years ago
- Top 5 Ways to Stretch your travel budget (besides the ones everyone else says): wp.me/pZb8q-f7 #traveltuesday #tt 7 years ago
- @allisoncunny RT @SonjaSwissLife How to make Swiss Raclette bit.ly/hY3eJ5 #traveltheworld #travel #food #Switzerland 7 years ago
- Himalayan around: wp.me/pZb8q-eV #nepal #lp 7 years ago
- The Indian Experience, part 7 or 8: wp.me/pZb8q-eE #india 7 years ago
- @DCLion prob about 645-7 7 years ago
- @DCLion Come to the lounge w @allisoncunny @rcunnyftw and me! 7 years ago
- I'm shocked. @rcunnyftw: Hahahahaha I've done this! Rt:@totalfratmove: Starting a USA chant at a bar in Mexico. TFM. totalfratmove.com 7 years ago
- RT @ClarenceHouse: The Royal Wedding website for Prince William and Catherine Middleton launches http://bit.ly/hFLLz7 http://www.officialroyalw ... 7 years ago